Sunday, November 22, 2009

Drumroll Please...

Watch out Boston, here I come!!

3:38:02

I'm not even sure I'm capable of writing a race report at this time. All I can say is: It was a beautiful day for a marathon. It wasn't easy. Everything hurts, especially the chaffing in my nether region. I didn't poop myself. I'm happy. I'm emotional. I'm SO proud of myself...I'm crying again. *sigh* All the hard work paid off and now I'm off to crack open a bottle of champagne!


Race report to come....

47 comments:

Bethany + Ryan said...

congratulations!!!!! there's nothing like that feeling when you BQ for the first time! that is so exciting! i am so happy for you! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate said...

GREAT JOB!!!! :D

Congrats - you worked hard for this and you are going to have such a great time. Very inspiring! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to hear the race report.

Susan said...

CONGRATS!!! I didn't see you...I should have looked a little harder and I'm sure I would have spotted you on one of the turnarounds!

Enjoy some rest. :)

Croughwell said...

Congratulations on a great race!!

Jeanette said...

WOW! You are a super hero!!!
Nate says, "Good job" (man of few words)
Aidan says, "Great job. I'm sure you're tired."

Norma said...

HOLY GOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're amazing!!!!!!!!!! I thought of you while I was running my 5K this morning. :) see you in Boston!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

All your hard work really paid off.

Can't wait to hear the emotion filled race report I know it will be great.

Ruthie said...

woooooowhooooooo!

Billie said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! We ran almost the same time!!!

Toni said...

CONGRATS! That is awesome, your hard work paid off!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I know you had it in you!! CONGRATS!!! Looking so forward to the race report! YOU DID IT!

Suzy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You did awesome. Enjoy the moment. Enjoy the champagne. And...write your race report later (which we'll all wait for with baited breath).

RunningFromCancer said...

Congratulations!!!!!! - you totally rocked the race.

I hope you totally enjoyed the race. Take this time to spend with those that supported you - relax and have fun.

You did it :-)

Marathonman101108 said...

Too bad 2010's filled. OK, I'll go watch you and my other blogging buddies who qualified for Boston in 2011. CONGRATS! Can't wait for the race report.

Abby said...

Way to go!

Not sure if you saw me, but I was running right by you for much of the first half. You looked strong and smooth - I knew you were going to do it.

Felice Devine said...

Yay, yay, super yay!!!

Congratulations! I knew you would do it! You put in the hard work and it paid off. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I looked up your time as soon as I got home- SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Awesome job. And yes, it was a GREAT day for a run!

Amber said...

Way to go Denise! You worked hard and prepared so much for this, you totally deserved it!!

ShoreTurtle said...

I'm awed by your awesomeness! Congratulations on your BQ. You deserve it!

Gotta Run..... said...

AMAZING!!!! You should be proud of yourself. Holy Cow! Boston here you come.

btw - like the 50 miler pic. I have one from MMTR 54 mile ultra trail race. Now that is a freaking long way..right :)

Cheers to a fast race.

Katie A. said...

GREAT JOB!! Way to rock it! All that hard work paid off! Enjoy the glow! :)

Iron Mike said...

Glad you enjoyed the race and now you're enjoying the pain!

The payoff was worth every ounce of your training and effort.

Great job!

Rookie on the Run said...

Congrats on not pooping yourself!

And, hmmmm... I know there was something else... what was it? Oh ya, CONGRATU-FREAKIN'-LATIONS ON BOSTON!!!!!

I'm so happy for you! You truly ROCK!

Laurel said...

I knew it! I wasn't sure of your exact time but you looked GREAT out there! I have a few pics I'll email you. Cant wait to read the report.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Keri said...

yayy!! Congrats! I looked for you as well but I don't think I saw you. The 3:40 group passed me around mile 20 and I finished with a 3:55:42. Can't wait to hear what about your race experience : )

Leslie said...

thats amazing! congratulations! i can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!!! can't wait to rea about it!

Carly said...

Congratulations!!!! That is amazing! Can't wait for the full report.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

YAHOO!! YIPPEE! YES!! YEAH!!

Why do so many things we shout start with Y?

Congrats baby!

Jenn said...

Super Congrats!!! I am sooooo excited for you! What a great feeling! Enjoy that champagne!

Marci said...

Awesome Denise! I am not surprised in the least!! Huge congratulations!! :) Hope the campagne was sweet (although not likely as sweet as your BQ!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Yeah!!!!!!!! What an amazing BQ Time!!! I can't wait to read all about it. You must have had an amazing journey! Way to go!

Coujones said...

So great! I ran the half marathon today and thought about you when i looked across the Schuylkill at the marathoners. So glad you made your goal!

C.G. the Foodie said...

Congratulations!!!!! Way to go!!!! I can't wait for the full report!

Jill said...

CONGRATS!!!!! That is an incredibly fast time - so VERY excited for you!!!

Laura said...

YEAH! CONGRATS...that is so exciting and you deserve it!

Running Through Life said...

Congratulations! What an awesome time and BQ to boot.

Liz said...

Yahoooooo!!! Congrats!!

Marlene said...

I already read the report, but wanted to pop down to say CONGRATS on more time. :)

N.D. said...

yay congrats!

Jen Feeny said...

GREAT JOB GIRL! I KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU!!!!!!!

Aron said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :):):):)

So happy and excited and proud of you girl!!! all your hard work paid off and you did AMAZING!!!! soak up all the glory :)

Julie D said...

Yeah!!! Awesome!

kilax said...

Yay! Congratulations!

RunningLaur said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You earned!!

joyRuN said...

So damn awesome! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

RunToTheFinish said...

YEAHHH rockstar!! ok gotta go read your report now