Sunday, November 15, 2009

This Time Next Week...

it'll all be over! Just thinking about that makes me sad. We put in so much time and effort into getting ready for a race then it's over and done with just like that. But I'm getting ahead of myself...I still have one week to go.

Now for those of you who haven't heard, Boston did sell out. I heard about it on Friday from Aron and needless to say, I was more than bummed. I won't lie, this is making it a little harder on me, thinking that I'm trying for something that I won't even be able to run until 2011. Ugh, that just seems so far away. But qualifying is qualifying and I'm trying to keep that in mind and stay focused. I have so much going on in 2010 that maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I'm putting this out of my mind from here on out and focusing on my plan for next Sunday. I'll be heading to the Expo on Friday then taking it easy till Sunday. I purposely left some chores around the house to do on Saturday to keep me occupied so I don't go completely crazy, but aside from that, I'll be staying off my feet. I still have to figure out what to wear since the weather is unseasonably warm (hit upper 60's today!). I'm not complaining, though. I'll take anything other than 20 degrees we had last year!! I also practiced my Clif Blok dispenser again today on my 9 miler and I'm comfortable with it. The only thing left to decide is if I want someone staged with a water bottle replacement for my hand held or if I want to try to fill it up on the go. All in all, I'm feeling good. I'm feeling confident. I'm ready.

Here's my schedule for the week:
Mon - 3 mi
Tues - 5 mi with 2 mi at 8:20
Wed - off
Thurs - 5 mi with 4x50 strides at marathon pace
Fri - 3 mi
Sat - off
Sun - 26.2!!!

20 comments:

Iron Mike said...

If your biggest concern is what to wear, I'd say you're gonna do great. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

The 10-day is saying 55 and raining. Of course it will be raining!

Like you though, I will take anything over last year- that cold was the worst ever!

RunningLaur said...

You're so close to race day!

And you'll be able to call yourself a BQer forever, even if you do have to wait another year. :)

Aron said...

nice attitude girl :) dont let it get you down!! like i said 2011 will be AWESOME!

just keep that focus and get those legs ready to race on sunday and leave it ALL out there on the course! you are SO ready and are going to rock that race!!! sooo excited for you :)

Abby said...

You keep referring to these big plans for next year - I'm looking forward to hearing what they are.

And don't fret too much about Boston. The time still counts for 2011, so it takes some of the pressure off for next year.

Katie said...

Good luck! Doing great. Bummer on qualifying, but qualifying is STILL amazing!

Jill said...

I didn't hear until today that Boston was closed already - wow, that's too bad for all those fast marathons coming up. But you'll still be a BQer and you'll go in 2011!!

I always find that the of finsh line of a major race is very emotional; it always helps me to have future goals to focus on so the let-down isn't too major. Sounds like you've already taken care of that.

You're going to do great!! Can't wait to hear about it all!!

Toni said...

You are going to do great, and qualifying for Boston is awesome even if you have to wait another year!

Felice Devine said...

It sucks that Boston is sold out, definitely. But, don't let that take away from your experience. You'll qualify next week and then you'll be set!

I hope it is good weather for you. It's been so nice!

Susan said...

I'm bummed about Boston since I hoped my boyfriend would qualify at Philly...maybe it will randomly open again Sunday night?? I'll cross my fingers for us!

Suzy said...

Sounds like you are ready to run! Have a great race this weekend and enjoy the nice weather.

joyRuN said...

I just read on someone else's blog that they reopened registration last year for some reason. Hopefully it'll happen again this year.

Regardless, a BQ is impressive no matter what!

C.G. the Foodie said...

Good luck! You are going to rock! Just think... if you qualify for 2011 now, you have less stress next year :o)

N.D. said...

I can't believe Boston sold out. That is crap!! But the thing is, you'll get to run it. Period. That is awesome! At least you won't have a baby coming in the way to mess up your plans for Boston in the future.. I know people that are trying to qualify, run it, then get pregnant and that would just suck for them with it being sold out now!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

You will BQ! And if it's meant ot be 2011 so be it. 2011...that has a good ring to it anyway!

Laurel said...

AAGGGHHH I'm so excited for you!!! I wish I was running it SO bad!!!

I think I will wearing a brown Back on My Feet hooded sweatshirt and jeans. I'm not sure if I'm doing a sign this time or not. I'm going to be taking a lot of pictures.

You have to let me know on FB what you will be wearing so I can look out for you. You're not running with a pace group are you?

Woo-hoo! Go Denise. BQ baby!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

bummed about Boston for you too, but you've put in the time and training, go out there and enjoy your victory lap!

RunToTheFinish said...

looks like a very good last week to me!! i may need to steal that for my taper

Molly said...

great shotblock holder! Good luck next weekend, sounds like you're more than ready!

Janice {Run Far} said...

you've got this girl.