I jumped out of bed at 4:40 and was at the gym before they even opened the pool door. I was in the water at exactly 5am and knocked out an easy, peasy 80 laps (2000 yds) in 45 minutes. I found myself taking it a little too easy today, probably because I was still half asleep, but I picked it up towards the end. Right after the swim I raced home and hopped on the bike trainer. The thought of an hour and half did not sound fun and since I haven't gone longer than an hour on the trainer before, I was hoping the hoo ha would survive. Well, thanks to Dr. Phil and the messed up life of his guest Alex, the first hour flew by and before I knew it I was counting down the last 10 minutes. I actually said out loud to myself at the end, "you did it, D!" Week one a success and I'm now confident that I can handle this training! I rewarded myself with a bucket of coffee and even used some creamer. What can I say, I'm wild and crazy like that.
So, to celebrate my success...how about a bad ass GIVEAWAY?? Remember Cheryl from RazzyRoo Headbands? Well, after seeing the great response to the headband giveaway and how much everyone liked the knee high socks, Cheryl is offering up a pair to one of my followers! If you would like to win a pair, be a follower, like RazzyRoo on Facebook (if you don't already), and leave me a comment. I'll pick a winner next Wednesday.
Sporting the socks after my kick ass pacing gig!
34 comments:
I LOVE THEM!!!
I love these socks! I recently saw them at an expo and bought them for a friend! Now, I'd love a pair. Thanks for a fun giveaway :-)
I am following you and I liked RazzyRoo on fb too :) Love your blog. I just finished my 2nd marathon last weekend and have my first sprint tri on May 15th. You are amazing for doing a double like that all before 8 am!
I'm a follower!! they are badass! :)
I like razzyroo on FB
LOVE those socks!!
I love those!! I'm a follower and a liker!
Congrats on the first week! I train with triathletes and know how crazy the training is.
I soooooo want these socks. I follow up and like RR on FB
These socks are fabulous! I'd love a pair!
Love them!
Although, I still love the idea of "fat ass" (especially if the marathon winner wore them)
By the way...we signed up for two more races!
Wildwood half & one in PA
Done! :)
I'm a follower and a liker ;-)
I loooove those socks by the way!!
they really are badass!
YEAHHHH you totally did it! That is some serious working out before work. Hope you can keep your eyes open at work! At least it's THE WEEKEND.
Count me in for those socks - love 'em! I already like Razzy on FB.
Have a great day, D!!
Congrats on a great week of training! I follow
I like them on FB
One week done! Congrats!
I follow you.
I like Razzy Roos on FB too.
I'm a follower!
I've been wanting a pair of those socks!! I already liked RazzyRoo on FB.
I'm a follower!!!
I like Razzy Roo on Facebook.
Definitely need a pair of those socks!
Who doesn't need a pair of these socks?! I wish we all could have them!! I'd love to sport these around. :)
I am a follower and need a pair of bad ass socks!
Followed!
Monica
runningirishdancer.blogspot.com
I follow, and I love those socks! I will also go follow them on FB right now. =o)
NICE job on that workout. You know you can totally handle the training. NO DOUBT!
And, yeah, I love those socks. I just popped over and liked RazzyRoo on FB.
That is a helluva pre-workday workout Denise!
Plenty of time on the bike, and this is a great week to be out on the roads. Start developing that comfort on the bike!
Nice socks BTW.
Fun socks! I follow you and like them on facebook
I like Razzy Roo on FB! I want those bad ass socks!!
I am a new follower of your blog (and a fellow Brooks fan!) :) LOVE the socks!
I liked RazzyRoo on facebook
Ooh, yes please! I'm a follower and now like RazzyRoo on FB!
Post a Comment