I have to apologize. I'm turning into one of those bloggers. The ones who read and don't comment. It's not that I don't have anything to say, because believe me, I always have something to say (ask Andy), it's that I don't have time. I'm lucky if I get to read blogs and with the number of posts people are putting up lately, I just can't keep up. With a minimum 9+ hour work day and lot more hours training than I'm used to, there just aren't enough hours in the day. So, while I'm not always commenting, know I'm reading as much as I can. And as soon as I become a millionaire and don't have to work anymore, I'll be commenting away...
Now, on to the fun stuff. I just got home from a relaxing weekend in Florida. Andy went to Michigan to visit his family and I headed down South. Grey skies in the mid west or sun and pool? Hmmm, wonder which one I chose. My family was celebrating "Family Day" which marked the one year anniversary that my sister and brother in law brought Gracie home from Russia, and I really wanted to be with her on that special day. It was a really nice trip with my family and I got to spend a ton of time doing nothing but relaxing by the pool. I did manage to get a long run in on Sunday and am happy to say I had no pain. Nothing in the Achilles or PF region. It took a few miles for my legs to wake up but by mile 4 I felt great and was cruising. Each pain free run is such a huge deal to me; I'm dying to get back to where I during my Shamrock training. My foot was a little sore the following morning but after I did some walking and stretching I was good to go.
So I'm now mid way through week 2 of training. I managed the best I could while I was in Florida but I did miss one workout. Not the end of the world but still bothers me a bit. I made up for it yesterday with a solid run and this morning with a 50 minute swim followed immediately with a 50 minute bike ride. Bike was great, swim not so great today. I was just tired and my breathing was off because of it. Took on some water a few times and just wanted to float on my back and sleep. But I pushed through and felt good for getting it done.
I was going to pick a winner for the GIVEAWAY today but I'm giving it a few more days for anyone else who wants to enter.
Here's my schedule for the week:
Mon - swim :45 / bike :45
Tues - run :40
Wed - swim :50 / bike :50
Thurs - run :50
Fri - swim :50 / bike 1:45
Sat - run 1:40
Sun - off
9 comments:
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just not have to work? I mean it gets in the way of everything!! hee hee! I hope life slows for you soon!
I agree- work totally gets in the way!!!
I have no idea how some people do it though, really! I hardly have time for the blogs I read and I don't read that many! I always feel bad when I cant get around to commenting but I know everyone goes through it! I know you are reading :)
I'm all over the place with blogging these days - sometimes posting 5 days a week, sometimes posting once, sometimes commenting quickly, sometimes taking forever (or not commenting). Maybe it's the wrong approach, but it's what I'm able to do, and sounds like it's the same for you - no need to apologize!
I always love when someone leaves comments on the blog.
Kevin
HalfTRIing.blogspot.com
YES totally agree, I comment when I can (right now on my lunch!).
So glad you had a great time in FL :)
glad you had a great time in florida and even glad you missed a workout, like me you probably needed it but refuse to take it :)
Congrats on another solid week of training!! I am sooo out of the blogging loop lately. I've been trying to catch up on my phone while riding the bus to work. I read a lot and don't comment too. I'm glad we are FB friends, it's much easier to follow along there!
Wow, that is a great schedule... you are a committed lady! I am a follower now :) I am learning to run and would love to be a runner ... working on it!
Make it a great day!
Don't feel bad, everyone has times where life gets crazy. Blogging should be a positive and if all you have time is to read w/out commenting, no biggy. It comes in waves for me...
runningtobeskinny.com
Post a Comment