Had a little bit of a rough start to the day but 2 hours and 35 minutes of working out can do that to a girl. Last week I found myself quickly gaining momentum with training and slipping easily into a routine. At several points I thought to myself, "I think this Tri stuff is for me!" But man, what a little weekend getaway can do to throw you off track. I've been struggling a bit with being overly tired since I got home on Tuesday and my workouts are showing it.
I had a 50 minute run yesterday and I managed to do 6 miles. I'm no where near where I was during Shamrock training but it felt good to run in the low 8's and not have anything hurt. I can definitely tell my legs lost some speed but now that things are feeling better in the foot, I'm going to start pushing the pace again. I really want the run portion of the tri to be my strong point.
Today I had another double which I knocked out before work. I will admit though, it was a rough morning. The swim was just 'ok' and I felt myself really fading towards the end of it. So when I left the pool feeling a little blah about the workout, I wondered how I was going to make it through an hour and 45 minutes on the bike trainer. Before I even got on the bike I was psyching myself out, which is never good. I tried to break it up into chunks and an hour into it I ate a banana. Funny how making it to the point where you get a snack can keep you going. Right after that Andy came down to check on me and I'd be lying if I said I didn't pout a little. I felt like such a loser that I was struggling but it was just a hard day. Thankfully, with a little over a half hour to go, I got my second wind and finished the ride feeling really strong. 2 hours and 35 minutes done before work! I wish I could say I get to sleep in tomorrow but I'll be up early for a long run...
Now, for the winner of the Bad Ass socks….and I swear this was not fixed. I asked Marlene this morning through twitter to "pick a number between 1 and 34." I thought it was appropriate considering how much of a bad ass she's been the past few months getting ready for her marathon on Sunday. She picked unlucky # 13...which happened to be her! And there is no way she could have checked this when I asked because blogger was down and you couldn't see the comments. It's a sign of good things to come on Sunday, Marlene!!
4 comments:
Sorry that you had a bit of a rough go at the workouts this morning, but way to get 'em done!! I always feel sooo off even after a short vacation. Don't worry, you'll be right back in your groove in no time.
I still can't believe I won. Like I said on Twitter, I picked 13 b/c my BQ pace if 5:13/KM. Plus it's my Birthday (October 13th) and HELLO, today is Friday the 13th. So it was the obvious choice.
THANK YOU!
So funny that Marlene picked herself - must be a sign of good things!!!
Yea for a marlene win! Definitely good things to come!
Is it safe to think that maybe the tri training volume is a little intense? Your first race is a Sprint, right? which will probably take about an hour! Oh, but ya know, you just might be reaching for the podium, forgot!
Take care of yourself, you've got plenty of time until the longer distances!
Post a Comment