For a while there we were dealing with a snow and/or ice storm each week. Everything has been covered with dirty snow and I can't remember the last time I was able to see my back patio. Well, Mother Nature decided to play nice and we're finally gonna warm up this week. But not a little warm up. Oh no, we're suppose to hit the 60's tomorrow!! That's like Spring! Anxiously awaiting the warmer weather has me dreaming of all the time I'll be able to spend outside. I even started to look at some new patio accessories at CSN. We put on a new paver patio last year and I want to get some fun stuff for when we entertain. I know there's a lot of chatter about CSN in blog land but if you haven't checked them out, head on over. They have over 200 online stores where you can find anything you need whether it be swingsets, fitness equipment, or even cute cookware!
With the warmer weather rolling in for the weekend I should be excited since I have Frostbite 5 miler on Saturday. This will be my 4th year running it and I set my sights on a PR**. It's a pretty hard course with a lot of big hills but I feel more trained than ever this winter and am excited to see what I can do come Saturday. Unfortunately, I woke up with a sore throat this morning and feel really run down. I had a feeling something wasn't right when I was exhausted after my run yesterday and could barely keep my eyes open at work. I had my normal Tuesday workout, 10 miles with 3 ladders at 6:58, but yesterday it completely drained me. I managed to make it to the gym to lift today but called it quits after that. I plan to get as much sleep as I can over the next few nights and hopefully knock this out of my system quickly.
**Since I'm training for a 3:35 at Shamrock, I entered that time into the McMillan calculator to see what 5 mile time would equate to a 3:35 marathon. According to McMillan, I should be able to run a 36:33 (7:18 pace) for a 5 mile race. My PR at Frostbite is a 37:08 (however, my garmin had me just under 37 minutes last year and I swear something was off with the chip timing) and I really want to see something in the 36 minutes this weekend. Last year I went into this race without much (if any) speed work so I'm hoping I can do much better this year. However, if it was an easy course, I would have no doubts that I could do a 36:33. But with how hilly the course is, I definitely have my work cut out for me.
So, my goals for Saturday:
1) feel well enough to race
2) PR
3) 36:33
10 comments:
Good luck this weekend! You're going to fly!!! I am so excited for the warmer weather!!! We can finally almost see our front yard!
Crossing my fingers that you're on the mend soon. Seems like there's some stuff going around, but everyone I know who's had it has gotten over it quickly. Good luck this weekend!
Good luck this weekend. I am looking forward to the great weather myself.
3:35 you got i!! I'm doing speed work and tempos this time around hoping I can get to my goal!!
Good luck with your race! Isn't this mild (relatively) weather divine?
Good luck this weekend!!! I know you'll do great!!!
We're supposed to get a taste of spring too! ENJOY!!! And good luck at the 5-miler! Kick some booty, speedy pants!
My hubs got hit with the same exhaustion - along with extra sleep, I told him to load up on pomegranate juice.
Good luck with Frostbite!
DANG IT! You're sick now, too!!?
Girl, get better! You have a killer race to run this weekend. :) Good luck!
hope it went well. Yikes - super windy out yesterday!
Post a Comment