Friday, February 18, 2011

It's the Little Things

It doesn't take much to make me happy. Give me a nap, a quiet house, a trip to Jamaica (that's not much, is it?) and I'm perfectly content. It also makes me happy when I pull into the garage and see packages on my front porch. So imagine how I felt yesterday when I left work early because I was feeling like crap and came home to this!

OPI Texas Collection and Nicole by OPI Justin Bieber Collection
(sorry the pic is blurry, I was shaking with excitement)

Thank you, thank you, thank you OPI!!! I admit, I have a slight obsession with nail polish and love painting my nails. So being able to review* OPI is a little piece of Heaven for me. Needless to say, this cheered me up immensely...and over stimulated me. I couldn't decide what color to try first! After a hard debate and input from Andy, I went with "I have Bieber Fever", which I don't actually have but the dark purple was too cute to pass up. I always have my nails painted, but love to do a fun color especially before a race. So now I'm all set and ready to go for tomorrow. Now hopefully this cold is better by then and I have it in me to run my heart out.

A quick recap of week 3 of 4...I survived yet again. And actually, this week felt pretty easy considering I haven't felt well. Tuesday was 10 miles with 3 ladders at 6:58 and yesterday was 10 miles with 6 at marathon pace (8:10). I wasn't sure I'd be able to get in 10 miles yesterday with how I was feeling, let alone at race pace, but I shocked myself and ran the race pace miles slightly faster at an 8:06. Leg turnover felt great and I felt like I could, and should, be running faster. I was pooped after the run which was a combination of my 4:45am wake up call and being sick, but I was really happy I got that workout in. I was so stressed about possibly missing one of these key workouts. I was planning to lift today and do light cardio but opted for a complete rest day instead. I thought if it might help me feel better for the race tomorrow it was worth it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! It's going to be 67 degrees here today...makes me want to break out the flip flops!

*Reviews of previous OPI and Nicole by OPI collections are on my review page. Review of those pictured here coming soon!

7 comments:

fancy nancy said...

Very cool!!! I didn't know they had a Justin Beiber line! Are they colors he actually wears? Warm here today too....love it!

Stacey said...

Lucky you! I love OPI. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that! And YAY for the 67 degrees!!!!

{will run for margaritas} said...

I also love OPI nail polish - not only are the colors FAB but the names are clever and funny!

Iron Mike said...

Denise! NO FLIP FLOPS!
Please, we're not going through THAT again. Have a great race and have fun!

Marlene said...

OPI is awesome and look at that stash! LUCKY!

Good luck at the race, not that you need it!

My Life said...

How in the world did you swing an OPI review?! Love it & can't wait to see which one's your fave.