Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Recap

Funny how the beginning of July was the part of my training schedule that worried me the most and now I can't even really remember what had me so scared. With the exception of the death of my grandmother, the month went really well. It included my biggest training weekend to date (90 mi ride, 1.5 mi OWS race, 16 mi run) and then a 15 minute PR at NJ State Olympic Tri. I entered this month a little (ok, I was more like a basket case) worried, not sure if I could handle the workouts as my training hit levels I never saw before. But I'm happy to say, I finished the month feeling better than I have all year. I took it one workout at a time and was surprised at how much my body is adapting and changing. I know I still have 3 months to go, but I think I finally quieted the thoughts that were telling me over and over again that I wasn't cut out for this. I'm starting to visualize how things will come together and I actually believe that this is possible.

July Totals:
Swim - 33080.4 yds
Bike - 465.08 mi
Run - 121.63 mi

I woke up with a little fire lit in me today. Three months to go...THREE MONTHS!!!! I am so ready to get to the big brick workouts that I have coming up and hitting the 106 mile mark on the bike. As I look at my schedule for the next few months, I'm more excited than ever and not plagued with fear. My goal for August, try yet another saddle (my poor hoo ha) and focus. Not just on training but on rest, recovery, nutrition...everything. While I still have 3 months, they are going to fly by. I think I've done a really good job up to this point at making it all work and fitting a some what normal life into the mix. But each time I make an exception for something, I lose a little focus. So from here on out, it's all about training. This is getting real!!!

5 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

Rock solid. Three months will be here before you know it! :D

Laura said...

Rock out the next few months! Can't wait to hear about your upcoming awesomeness.

Marlene said...

YES so happy that you are feeling things come together, getting stronger and ready to tackle the months ahead!

Jen Feeny said...

That's all you can do, take it one workout at a time and give it your best! Great month girl!

misszippy said...

Nice mileage! You are gonna be one fit chick at the end of this!