Did you know that Independence Blue Cross, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, has a Facebook page? I didn't. I also didn't know they were currently running a contest for their "Get Out, Get Fit!" program. The "Get Out, Get Fit!" program was launched because IBX believes in the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle. If you haven't already, check out their Facebook page which has exercise instructions, health and wellness tips and maps of some great Philly area spots to work out. And if you "like" their page you'll get weekly nutrition, fitness and wellness tips. They also offer healthy steps which are designed to help you make healthy changes, one step at a time that will last a lifetime.
As for the contest they are running, by submitting a fitness-focused photo, you can enter for a chance to win up to a $500 spending spree at Dick's Sporting Goods. All you need to do is go to their Facebook page and follow the easy steps to submit your photo. You can also view other entries to get some ideas of what people are submitting. I know some of you have some great pictures from your workouts so give it a shot and see if you win!! Contest ends August 31, 2011 so hurry and submit your photo!
But now for a GIVEAWAY!! IBX is offering one of my followers a $50 gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods!! There are several ways to enter, each one worth an entry, so pick and choose how many ways you want to enter. Just be clear in your comment so I know how many entries to give you. I'll pick a winner on Sunday, August 14th.
Here are your entry options (note: contest open to followers only):
1 – Leave a comment on my blog with ways you stay healthy and fit
2 – Like IBX on Facebook
3 – Follow IBX on twitter
4 – Tweet about this giveaway with a link to the blog post and include @rundeniserun in the tweet
GOOD LUCK!!
35 comments:
I stay healthy and fit by doing more than just working out. I choose my activities wisely, and make exercising fun by being outdoors and choosing activities that also double as workouts. For example, hiking or rock climbing. I also live healthy by never depriving myself- I allow myself to treat myself because it makes it easier to stick to healthy eating at other times!
I stay healthy and fit by trying to make positive choices everyday. I run, strength train and am trying to learn to eat to fuel my body. I also try to get rest and give my body what it needs - like a rest day from time to time.
I like IBX on Facebook and am following them on Twitter too.
I am tweeting about this giveaway too - thanks!
I try to stay fit by exercising at least five days a week. I either lift weights, use a cardio machine, or go outside running. I'm training for another marathon, so these days it will be mostly running for me.
I would love to win. I stay healthy by choosing foods that aren't high in fat or sodium. I also run 4 x a week.
I like IBX on facebook.
I like IBX on twitter
littlegray88 at yahoo dot com
Fun giveaway! I liked them on facebook (or I am about to as soon as I finish this comment)
And I stay healthy and fit by keeping races on my schedule, planning active adventures with my husband, family, and friends, and occasionally choosing a coffee date over a running date - because sometimes it's healthy not to be moving all the time!
I stay fit & healthy by running, biking and swimming. I also watch what I eat (but indulge every once in awhile :-) )
I tweeted about this @run4margaritas
I stay healthy and fit by eating more balanced and "clean", staying hydrated, training for my first marathon, and choosing to be active
I "like" IBX on FB
I follow IBX on Twitter (@nello33)
I stay healthy and fit by making good food choices .... most of the time, and exercising daily ... most of the time ... and .... most importantly, not worrying about the times when I don't.
I tweeted this giveaway here http://twitter.com/#!/Nello33/status/100996665502212096 (@nello33)
I stay healthy by running and cross-training.
Following IBX on Twitter.
Tweeted. (@marisae77)
I stay healthy and fit by walking at least 40 minutes a day, and keeping my step count up on my pedometer. I love to compete - even if it's just against myself!
I stay healthy by trying (when I'm not injured, like right now) to run at least 3 times a week, and getting out and about with my dogs (walking/hiking).
I stay healthy by choosing one thing each day that requires my body to be active.....doesn't matter the amount of time I put in, as long as my body understands the importance of being active daily.
I stay healthy by training for and competing in triathlons. Love it!
I stay healthy & fit by running on a regular basis. Shopping and cooking the right foods for my family. It's not always the easy choice, but I know it's the best!
I liked them on FB.
I now follow them on twitter.
I tweeted about the giveaway... but really I want no one to know so I can win! LOL!
I always stay healthy and fit - well...mostly! :)
I stay healthy and fit by BALANCE! Proper nutrition 80:20, adequate workout, and keeping my soul and mind clear!
I stay fit & healthy by swimming, biking and running. A lot! Plus, August 14th is my brother's birthday, and I need to get him a present. And he's staying fit by training for his first marathon.
I stay healthy and fit by trying to run as much as my current injuries will let me. Well, maybe a little more ;)
We try to eat healthy foods, walk and bike to as many errands as we can. We run and to light weight training. And hiking on our wonderful mountains, but that does not feel like exercise!
Liked IBX on FB.
I try to go for walks, park farther away from places I'm going than I need to, and do stretching exercises.
eemoody77 at gmail dot com
I like IBX on Facebook!
eemoody77 at gmail dot com
I follow IBX on Twitter! @FakeGradSchool
eemoody77 at gmail dot com
I tweeted!
http://twitter.com/FakeGradSchool/status/102664194624724992
eemoody77 at gmail dot com
There is no such thing as willpower. It is wantpower. What do you want more the piece of cake or to lose a pound.
Post a Comment