Friday, August 23, 2013

Oh, Hi.

I have to admit, I have not missed blogging. But I have realized how useful the blog was for my training. I've found myself numerous times going back to look at old posts to see how I felt after certain races/workouts and it's been pretty helpful. And since I took the plunge and signed up for Ironman #2, I'm going to give this another shot.

To catch up since my last post...I've been having fun. A lot of fun. It took a really long time for me to feel like my old self after IMFL and I'm not sure the fire was lit under me until I actually handed over my credit card to register for IM Lake Placid. I attempted to train for a marathon over the winter and while I was getting the long runs in, my heart was so not into it. I ended up missing the race due to an insane eye infection that swelled so bad I couldn't open my one eye. After that, I switched gears and forced myself back into the pool. I "raced" NJ state Olympic tri and while I wasn't expecting much out if it, I ended up qualifying for the Olympic Distance Age Group Nationals. That was a nice little boost even though I had only a weeks notice and couldn’t make my way across the country to compete. The weekend after the race we went to Lake Placid for fun and to volunteer. The energy was amazing and contagious. I went up "pretty sure" I was going to register for 2014 and within minutes of being there, I wished I was racing that weekend. Very different from the atmosphere in Florida, which felt like a ghost town on race weekend. Anyway, I'm registered and excited for IMLP 2014! I'm just 2 weeks out from a 70.3 and I'm not exactly where I'd like to be going into this race. But knowing what the next year holds for me, and a marathon to still get through in December (I'm running Reggae marathon in Jamaica again), I'm going to have fun with this 70.3. No time goals, no pressure. Just a long workout to kick off my base building for Placid.

So here we go...giving this a try again. We'll see how long it lasts.

Where I'm currently at: (for my own reference in the future)
- bike: 3x a week, long ride 3-3:30 hrs
- swim: 2-3x a week, hour each
- run: 3x a week, long run 14 miles
- wearing: Brooks defyance, NO inserts, no foot issues :-) (knock on wood)
- Hammer nutrition: vanilla Whey protein every day, Recoverite after tough workouts/doubles, apple cinnamon, orange and chocolate gels are my favorite, OBSESSED with grape Fizz, Digest caps 1x a day, Tissue Rejuvenator caps, Endurolytes on long workouts. Oh, and talking about Hammer...their bathing suit is the BEST. It took me so long to find a suit I liked and that would hold up to chlorine. I can't believe I didn't think to try it sooner.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

You're running IMLP????? What????? Why didn't you tell me? :) haha

Trishie said...

LOVE Recoverite ! Don't know if it's a placebo effect or if it really works, but I do feel better after drinking it after a hard run