It's the little things that make me happy.
1) Had my second swim lesson in the endless pool. Oh...my...gosh. It is the coolest thing and I'm learning a ton! This past lesson, when all the pieces came together I felt great and completely effortless. My coach also told me at that point, I went silent in the water. Wish I could see what that looks like but I could feel that I went silent. Hard to explain, but I was just gliding through the current. Now granted, this doesn't happen all the time as I fall in and out of good form. There's so much to think about and I'll start concentrating on one thing and forget about the other. But little by little it's all coming together and I'm really looking forward to my swim workouts. In fact, after I ran 11 miles on Saturday, I went to the pool later that day and swam 3500 yards. I'm not sure who this person is, but I like her.
2) On Friday my finisher's certificate from Reggae marathon came in the mail. It didn't really excite me since I fell from 3rd to 6th female and finished with one of my slowest marathon times. But in the envelop was a letter. I almost ignored it thinking it was just a letter thanking me for participating, but I opened it anyway. Imagine my surprise when I saw a check for $116 for placing!! I knew when I finished the race and saw that I was 6th female and 2nd in AG that something didn't seem right. I was sure I was 5th female. It was a 2 loop out and back course so I saw my competition over and over and kept track. But whatever, I let it go and never thought twice about it. Well, I guess that female that originally showed up ahead of me in the results pulled out early, cut the course short or something because I was actually 5th female overall...and 1st in my AG. I've never won money in a race before so this made my day! Now I need to go back and redeem myself, see what I can really win there!
3) Yesterday I decided it was time to take my bike outside for a test spin and practice getting in and out of aero position. I have not ridden my bike outside yet this year and while I'm completely comfortable in aero on the bike trainer, doing it outside had me freaked out. The bike is so scary to me but I figure by the end of the summer, I'll have no choice but to be comfortable on it. Surprisingly, my little test spin went much better than I expected. I easily got in and out of position and practiced getting out of position quickly since my brakes are on the handle bars (I put aero bars on my road bike). Things felt pretty good but it's definitely a different feeling and any slight movement feels really exaggerated. I was a little wobbly but for my first try, I'm happy with how it went.
I can't believe March is pretty much over! Looking forward to my April schedule and moving this training into high gear!
5 comments:
Score on the prize money! Congrats! :)
GOOD FOR YOU getting out on your bike! Glad it went well. That gives me hope! haha
That pool seems awesome. I saw those advertised one time, and I wondered how they'd be. Would it really work for swimming a long distance?
"I don't know who this person is, but I like her."
Sounds like an Ironman to me :)
You're a Pro now!
Prize money, yay! Congratulations! I would love to swim in an endless pool, it looks like a great workout. I too love running and all it's benefits. I started running 8 months ago and am training for my first half-marathon in Sept. 2012. I also just started a new blog all about running and my journey from cancer to training for a half.
http://runningsurvivor.blogspot.com
Post a Comment