I just completed week one of ten months of training. And it was anything but easy. Even though this is my second IM, I decided to hire a coach again, and I went with someone new this time around. I want to put a really good effort into Lake Placid now that I have the first IM jitters out of me and I thought I could benefit from someone experienced pushing me. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than a little nervous for the LP bike course, but at least I don't feel like such a newbie this time around. I didn't want to leave the training up to me and find myself a few months before the race freaking out because I didn't do enough. So I'm under the guidance of a coach for the next 10 months and I feel great about who I hired. I'm in good hands and know together we'll reach my goals.
Week one wrapped up with 4750 yds in the pool, 75 miles on the bike, 25.7 miles running and 2 strength sessions. All for a total of just under 10.5 hours. I took the few weeks after my 70.3 very easy so this week was no joke starting out. The workouts were a challenge and not just going through the motions of swim/bike/run. To top it off, I was fighting a cold all week which made it hard to get out of bed. But knowing I had to enter my workout in every day for my coach to see got me back to my routine and out of bed at 4:40am every day.
As for being back to my routine...this is THE best I have felt since IM Florida training. I have been more relaxed this past week than I have been the entire year. I haven't been stress eating at night, I haven't been anxious, etc. I have been so calm and it feels great. Yes, it might not be the best that I'm only calm and relaxed when I'm structured but this is how I'm wired. Hopefully I can one day learn to live peacefully in my crazy head without putting myself through Ironman training. Baby steps...
So, journey to #2 has officially started. I'm focused, consumed (of course), and ready to do this.
5 comments:
Off to a great start!
Now, what is this "stress eating" you mentioned? Never heard of it.
Am I the only one reading this blog????
Denise,
You're back?! YAY, one of my favorite blogs! We've missed you! Can't wait to go with you on Ironman journey #2.
Susan SRMS
All athletes sooner or later face the situation when they do not see any visible changes in their shape anymore. The latest research has lit the light over this problem. Muscle growth is impossible without the muscle damage. Microtraumas which we get after the trainings eventually enforce the cells division and overall increase of the muscle volume. I have read an interesting article by nutritional reseachers at Military Grade Nutritionals Company. They wrote about the Second Wind - one of their latest products, which prevents the unwanted changes in the muscle tissue, therefore preventing DOMS and fighting so called muscle plateaus. Already tried it several times. At first I was not sure if it was the product’s action or I just have trained less), but after my second training all doubts just went away. It really eased my recovery – almost no soreness! I feel that I can train harder, gaining more results than ever before!
Denise,
What happened to your comeback? Did you do Lake Placid?
Susan SRMS
Post a Comment